|Ethos Position Reference||EPR001563|
|Position Title||Operations and Maintenance Technical Lead - Plant Engineer|
|Location||Courtright, Ontario, Canada|
|Job Overview||Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the position is responsible for performance monitoring, regulatory compliance, engineering design, capital projects, operational and maintenance consulting support. The position will work with the Site HSE Specialist to ensure a safe working environment.|
|Job Responsibilities||• Provide technical expertise and guidance in the resolution/prevention of equipment problems to all operations and maintenance teams.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and technical back-up to maintenance and operations staff.
• Works with Maintenance and Operations personnel to evaluate and resolve equipment/process issues.
• Ensures all statutory and regulatory obligation are met or exceeded on assigned areas during the ongoing operation and maintenance of the facility
• Direct the activities of contractors to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and schedules.
• Responsible for troubleshooting plant issues, using mechanical knowledge in recommending course of action; mechanical aptitude for determining causes of failure.
• Site Rotating Equipment Expert
• Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
• Plant leadership in the area of TSSA, QA/QC and insurer requirements.
• Provide direction in terms of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, B31.1 Power Piping and B31.3 Process Piping
• Participate in station planning processes as required to assure technical accountability for works being executed.
• Develop technical and commercial scope for contract support requirements for assigned equipment areas.
• Leadership of, development input into and technical approval of planned maintenance scopes (shutdowns), and provides field leadership to technicians where required during shutdowns.
• Provides proactive support to the station management team through day to day activities and participation in station leadership.
• Carry out project engineering works, as assigned to prescribed station standards
• Maintain, audit and continuously improve technical competency profiles for Maintenance technicians – recommending and providing training as appropriate.
• Create and issue timely monthly condition and cost reports for assigned areas and equipment.
• Obtain and disseminate current intelligence on the relevant industrial best practices pertaining to assigned equipment areas.
• Provide detailed and documented input to facility business planning and budget planning processes.
• Provide oversight for all NERC/CIP reporting
• Provide monthly report for plant aspects – efficiency, availability, reliability
• Must proactively strive to achieve technical competence in all areas of the plant (incl. performance management systems, commercial processes and mechanical systems)
• Oversight and management of outside consultants and engineers preforming technical reviews, studies or design work for site.
|Required Skills / Knowledge||• A thorough demonstrated understanding of power plant operations, including hands-on experience with Operations & Maintenance functions.
• Understanding of plant economics and power pool operations.
• Understanding of budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation and basic accounting principals.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data to make sound professional judgments and recommendations.
• Ability to manage and motivate colleagues.
• Strong oral and written communication with individuals at all levels within the company.
• Proficient with a computer and with the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Position requires that the incumbent be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
• Will be available to travel as required.
• Willing to participate in afterhours call in, and off hours work.
|Experience||• Minimum of five year's relevant experience.
• A thorough, demonstrated knowledge of energy facility operations and maintenance as well as management methods are necessary to control and improve facility performance.
• A willingness to have a hands-on approach is required.
• Experience in Power Plant Electrical systems would be an asset.
|Education Requirements||• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, registration as P.Eng required.
• Certification as a Second or First Class Power Engineering and or a Certified Engineering Technologist will be considered
|Physical Requirements||• Position requires periods of intense physical exertion, including walking, climbing, and lifting.
• Ability to lift and move material up to 70 pounds.
• Ability to climb and perform functions from elevated locations. Ability to work from ladders up to and including a 15-ft ladder.
• Ability to work in a hot (115F to 120F) and noisy environment (with appropriate protective equipment) for approximately 30 minutes out of each hour.
Accommodations of disabilities are available if requested during the application, interview and assessment process.
Click Here to Apply